SUPPORTED LIVING is a nonprofit service that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities.
To Qualify for Supported Living you must:
- Be a Redwood Coast Regional Center Consumer
- Be 18 years old or older
- Live in your own home, or want to move to your own home (with assistance)
- Be willing and able to work with us
- Live in Ukiah, Willits, Redwood Valley, Hopland, or Anderson Valley area, including Philo.
Fees are paid by the Redwood Coast Regional Center.
The Supported Living Service helps Redwood Coast Regional Center Consumers to live independently at home and to participate in the community. By assisting with all aspects of independent living, our case coordinators provide our clients with opportunities to choose where they want to live, enjoy friends, and participate in activities. Supported Living works cooperatively with the client and the client's family, to establish a service that best suits each client's needs.
Supported Living Provides Help with:
- Locating suitable housing
- Organizing home maintenance
- Planning and conflict resolution with roommates
- Scheduling and keeping appointments
- Help with paperwork
- Participation in community recreation
- Meal planning
- Dealing with public agencies
- Hiring and directing household workers
- Arranging and tracking medical appointments
Supported Living Provides Help Obtaining Such Services as:
- Counseling and support groups
- Subsidized housing
- In-home Support Services
- Independent living skills training
- Educational programs
- Social and recreational activities
- Medi-Cal assistance
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can Supported Living help find housing for people wishing to move into the community?
Q: How do I sign up for the service?
A: Talk to your Regional Center Care Manager about which Supported Living Service would best serve your needs. Ask the care manager to refer you to our service.
Your donations are greatly appreciated.
Funds are used to pay for much needed client services that our grants don't cover. In most cases, since much of our administration expenses are paid by other funding sources, your donation can be used almost entirely to pay for client services.
Checks can be made out to CCMC. If you wish, you can make a notation to indicate which program you would like your gift to go towards.
Contacts (For More Information):
Interested consumers should contact their Regional Center Care Manager for an introduction to the service.
Community Care - SLP
301 South State Street
Ukiah, CA 95482